A thorough breakdown of our exam results can be seen here.
QMGS Exam Results 2018
QMGS students achieve some excellent A Level results amidst national changes
• 70% of grades at A* / A / B
• 42% of grades at A*/A
• 99.8% pass rate
• 29 candidates achieved A*/A grades in all of their subjects
• 17 students achieved at least 2 A* grades, with 6 achieving 3 A*s and 3 receiving A*s in all of their subjects
• 4 students have been successful in attaining Oxbridge places
“The 2018 cohort have done themselves and the school proud with a great set of results. They were the first group to follow through a pathway of just three A-levels (with no AS) and took reformed courses in almost all subjects. The proportion achieving A*-B grades has remained at a similar level to previous years, with the numbers achieving the very top grades going up. The students are going on to a whole range of exciting university and work-related opportunities for the next step in their education.
We are saying goodbye to a group of students who have also excelled beyond the classroom. There has been commitment at home and abroad in the School’s Combined Cadet Force, expeditions to Borneo and Mexico and nationally significant achievements in science and maths Olympiads. Additionally, students have taken part in engineering initiatives, music, drama, languages and sport, as well as selflessly giving their time to mentoring and volunteering. In doing so, they have become well-rounded young men and women and I wish them well.”
GCSE Results 2018
Students at QMGS were celebrating on Thursday following a pleasing set of results. 67% of all grades came in at A/A* or 7-9. In the Mathematics GCSE, 85% of all entries were a grade 7 or better.
This year group took reformed GCSE exams in 62% of all entries and have worked very hard to overcome the challenges of these new courses.
As ever, they have much more to be proud of other than their exam performance. Members of year 11 were part of the expeditions and trips to north and central America, Europe and Asia; and have made great progress through the school’s combined cadet force. They have excelled in sporting/musical performance and have impressed with their entries to science/maths Olympiads and national design competitions.
I am delighted for their success and look forward to their continued involvement with QMGS in the sixth form.
• 67% of all grades were 7-9 or A*/A (on the old scale)
• 99% of our pupils achieved 9-4 (A*-C) in at least 5 subjects
• 70 pupils (2/3 of the cohort) scored 7-9 (A*/A) in at least 6 subjects
• 42 pupils achieved an 8 or 9 in at least 5 subjects
• 42 pupils achieved 7-9 grades in at least 8 subjects
• 15 pupils had an average points score of 8 or better across all of their subjects
• 13 pupils scored A*/A or 7-9 in all of their subjects
• 78 pupils scored 7-9 grades in both Maths and English
• The attainment 8 average was 73.72
• 82% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate