QMGS Exam Results 2023
QMGS students achieve some excellent A Level results and move on to a range of impressive destinations
- 65% of grades at A* / A / B
- 36% of grades at A*/A
- 99% pass rate
- Average grade of B+ across all academic entries
- 53 candidates achieved A*/A grades in all of their subjects
- 27 students achieved at least 2 A* grades, with 55 achieving 3 or more A/A*s
- 3 students have been successful in attaining Oxbridge places, with one student being successful in gaining access to Harvard
“The 2023 cohort have worked really hard to achieve a well-deserved set of A-level exam results. Starting their post-16 studies on the back on a global pandemic and teacher-assessed GCSE grades, they have displayed great resilience and supported each other through some difficult times. The list of post-18 destinations is very impressive, with a large number heading off to Russell group or top 50 universities.
These students have not just excelled in the classroom and have fully embraced the wider life of the school, taking part in a wide variety of co-curricular activities and excelling on a regional and national scale in music, sport, CCF, languages and through science and maths Olympiads. They have been great ambassadors to the school through their outreach work and will go onto success in their future education and employment. We wish them well and look forward to keeping in contact with them as part of the QM community.”
GCSE Results 2023
The Year 11 cohort of 2023 have produced a pleasing set of GCSE results, of which we are very proud. 69% of all entries were graded at 7-9, with 46% at 8/9. 80% of all results in maths and science were a 7 or better.
This cohort have been through an incredibly challenging three years, with national lockdowns and other significant challenges affecting their learning. They have approached their studies in a mature and focussed manner and should be proud of what they have achieved. As well as achieving such impressive grades, they have played a full part in the wider life of the school.
I am delighted for their success and look forward to their continued involvement with QMGS in the sixth form. For those leaving us, I wish them well for the future.
- 69% of all grades were 7-9
- 46% of all grades were 8/9
- 98% of our pupils achieved 9-5 in at least 5 subjects
- 100 pupils scored 7-9 in at least 6 subjects
- 77 pupils achieved an 8 or 9 in at least 5 subjects
- 81 pupils achieved 7-9 grades in at least 8 subjects
- 88 pupils had an average points score of 7 or better across all of their subjects
- 36 pupils scored 7-9 in all of their subjects
- 71% of pupils scored 7-9 grades in both Maths and English
- The attainment 8 is 74.9
- 74% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate with grade 5s or better